Getting Started with Bigstep
Welcome to Bigstep and let's get started! Below you will find the steps necessary to create an account and deploy your infrastructure from our easy-to-use user interface. Log in anytime you need to manage your Bigstep infrastructure.
If you get stuck or have questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
Create a Bigstep account
If you haven't already, create your Bigstep account:
- Go to the Sign Up page and enter your information.
- Check your email and activate your email address.
Once your account is active, you are ready to go!
Create Your Server Infrastructure
An Infrastructure describes a systems’ architecture and it contains various elements, such as hardware, storage, network, and operating system (OS). These elements are logically connected and designed to be easily allocated, via our intuitive drag-and-drop editor.
Here are the steps to follow once you log in:
1. Select the owner and datacenter (you can change it afterwards) and name your infrastructure.
2. Access the Infrastructure Editor, where you can start drafting your project.
3. Click on "Create your first Instance Array" and the system will automatically allocate a server with a 40GB drive attached to it, CentOS operating system, and its own network.
4. Edit each component - the server (InstanceArray) and the storage (DriveArray and san), according to your needs.
Access this section anytime from: cloud.bigstep.com > Infrastructure Editor.
Here is how to view or edit the configuration of your server (InstanceArray):
1. Click on the badge with Edit under it and a new window will open, where you will see the characteristics of your server: configuration, firewall settings, and current drive information.
2. If the preselected configuration matches your needs, you can simply skip this screen.
3. If you need to update the server settings, in the Configuration menu, remove (1) the default option and click on "Add new" (2) to see all hardware configurations available, as described in the image below.
Here is how to view or edit the configuration of your storage (DriveArray):
1. Click on the "DriveArray" badge to see the options.
2. In the next window, you will see the minimal configuration to get started. You can update the disk size, choose between an HDD or an SSD, and select the operating system (OS). This is where you can also delete the drive.
3. From the left-side menu, add more InstanceArrays and DriveArrays. You can either click on the component or use the drag-and-drop functionality. Come back and customize your infrastructure anytime, as your project grows.
Keep in mind that no changes will take effect unless you click the Deploy button.
1. Check the Overview window to make sure your settings are correct.
2. Ready to go live? Hit Deploy! Your infrastructure will be up and running in a few moments.
3. You might be prompted to enter your credit card information, if you skipped this step while creating your account.
You can always come back and make changes to your infrastructure quickly and easily. Bigstep's Metal Cloud is both powerful and flexible, so you can adjust as you grow.
If you need help or have any questions, contact us.
What to read next: TBD